Valla Beach Community Association
About the VBCA
The VBCA is a group of people working together to help grow your community.
The Valla Beach Community Association (VBCA) is an organisation appointed by Nambucca Valley Council as a Section 355 committee of local government. The VBCA has two principle delegations of authority:
- To manage the Valla Beach Community Hall (Valla Beach Road, Valla Beach NSW 2448)
- To promote and foster activities which will be of benefit to all age groups
In regard to the latter, the VBCA organises community events, such as Christmas carols, and hold regular community meetings where all members of the community are welcome to attend.
We work with Nambucca Valley Council with guidance from our residents.
The Valla Beach Markets are organised by a sub-committee of the VBCA and all profits are maintained by the VBCA for the betterment of the community. In recent times the VBCA has worked with Nambucca Valley Council with the provision of community facilities primarily at Anderson Park including a children's playground, seating, cricket practice nets, exercise equipment, and toilets.
Join our Committee
Working with the committee is a rewarding experience. We normally have our AGM in March of each year. If you are considering joining us, please be aware that you do need to be nominated first and it is quick and easy.
Current VBCA Projects
We have many more things in the pipeline and are always looking for input to achieve the best outcomes for your community.
Our past/current projects include:
- Anderson Park - netball / basketball courts, an upgraded skate park and new soccer nets - completed.
- We are working with Nambucca Valley Council on the adoption of their Save Our Species Program specifically in regard to the local koala population
Nambucca Valley Council (NVC) announced that the Valla Footbridge is to be upgraded with work comencing late April 2024. The bridge will be out of action for about ten weeks from April 2024. We will report on plans and progress.
- Discussions are underway about the opportunity to build a bigger community hall on the land to the west of the carpark near the current hall. There are the issues of incorporation, in order to get access to grants, as well as our continued relationship with the NVC. This matter is ongoing and we shall set up a committee to guide us through this. If you would like to be a part of this process please let us know.
- The building of a permanent covered stage in the Valla Reserve to serve both the market and the wider community has begun.
Check out the latest in our Community News
Valla Beach Community Hall
The Valla Beach Community Hall is located on Valla Beach Road, Valla Beach NSW 2448 - next to the pre-school. The hall has kitchen facilities and up to 10 tables and 60 chairs.
The hall often hosts things such as regular yoga classes and periodic art exhibitions.
For enquiries related to the Valla Beach Community Hall, please email Vanessa at email@example.com.
Valla Beach HallValla Beach Community Hall - next to the Valla Community Pre-school
The VBCA usually holds general (community) meetings every four months. These are held in the Valla Beach Community Hall, adjacent to the Valla Pre-school, on the third Monday of March, July, and November. Meetings start at 7.00pm. Check the Community Calendar below for the date of the next meeting.
When / Date
What / Event
Where / Location
Monday 4 March 2024 at 7:00pm
Saturday 6 April 2024 from 8:00am to 1:00pm
Saturday 1 June 2024 from 8:00am to 1:00pm
Monday 22 July 2024 at 7:00pm
Saturday 3 August 2024 from 8:00am to 1:00pm
Saturday 5 October 2024 from 8:00am to 1:00pm
Saturday 7 December 2024 from 8:00am to 1:00pm
Next VBCA General Meeting Topics
The next VBCA General Meeting will be held at 7pm on Monday 4 March 2024.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Updates from December and February markets.
- Replacement of Dep Creek Footbridge
- Possibility of building a new Community Hall
- Report re our CRT & Defib Project
- Permanent Outdoor Stage at Valla Reserve.
- Speed mitigation along Valla Beach Road,
- and more.
All members of the community are invited to attend our meetings. Come along and help us decide on the priorities for our fabulous communities, both Valla Beach and Valla (rural).
Motions from the floor are welcomed; however we ask that you contact the secretary beforehand. See the Contact Us page.